6 Days Sahara Desert Tour (Slow Made Tours)
I always recommend “Slow made tours” for people who want to discover the cultural diversity of Morocco, meet and talk to amazigh people (berber) and spend some good times with them as also have more free time for other activities like a desert quad tour or biking.
1st day : Marrakesh Airport
- A guided tour in The Fna Square to discover the old streets, the jewish synagogue and Koutoubia Mosque
- Lunch or dinner at a traditional restaurant
- Spend the night in Marrakesh
2nd day : Ouarzazate
- Morning Travel to Ouarzazate city driving through the Tizi N’tichta road in the High Atlas mountains.
- Arrive in the afternoon and check in at a nice traditional hotel with a swimming pool and traditional restaurant between the palm trees and the desert mountains.
- Free time to rest, swim and shower
- Traditional welcoming berber dinner (Amazigh dinner)
3rd day : Ouarzazate / Mhamid Desert
- Breakfast at the hotel in Ouarzazate
- Drive to M’hamid desert while taking short stops to enjoy the landscapes and the panoramic scenes in Agdz and other villages in Zagora region.
- Arrive in Mhamid desert camp before sunset, our hosts will drive us through the dunes with their sand offroad cars to our camp in the middle of the Sahara, Once we arrive we will get to enjoy the sunset from the top of a sand dune! Camels are there for us if we want to go on a ride whether for the sunset of the morning. The sunrise is wonderful too!
4th day : Mhamid to Ouarzazate
- Beakfast at the camp
- Drive back to Ourzazate, we will stop to visit a village in the desert to discover the daily life there.
- Lunch in Zagora
- Arrive to our Hotel in the afternoon
- Dinner and Night in the hotel
5th day : Ouarzazate / Kasbahs ( old forts )
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Drive to Kasbah of Telouat 120km out of ouarzazate between the atlas mountains and the Sahara
- Lunch with a berber, Amazigh host family
- Back to the hotel
- Free time to rest and shower
6th day : Ouarzazate / Marrakesh
- Drive to Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou the Unesco World Heritage
- Quad tour on the road back from Kasbah Ait Ben Heddou
- Back to our Hotel for your free time